Here we are again for another Sew it Chic in a Week. I am on the road again, this time for an unexpected funeral, so I didn’t get an interview done AND I have to put off finishing my last Aurora tank. It is cut out and started, but I will finish the series upon my return and if you complete a Seamwork Aurora tank before Monday, please let me know so I can include you in my round up post. I have only seen a few thus far, and there is plenty of time to sew one up and get included since it really does take only 2 hours. Now that I’ve made 4, I’ve got it down to an hour and a quarter. Cute and easy — I love this pattern!
Please note that my friends Chris and Ali are “Jumping into June” and both made awesome jumpsuits. I just have to join in, don’t you? I’ve seen some cute ones made up and I noticed on a recent purse shopping excursion that there were quite a few in the stores, too. All in one dressing that makes you look fierce and edgy!
Also, it is The Monthly Stitch’s Indie Pattern Month. If you are sewing from an Indie pattern, you may be able to enter one of their contests. Each week is a different theme, and dresses week was so amazing! I love the community at The Monthly Stitch!
Here are the little rules for the link up party:
- Women’s garments only
- Made or blogged in the past week only – to avoid reposts.
- The party is open for a week, until next Friday, and I’ll open a new one Saturday. Feel free to link up every once in a while or try to complete a garment every week!
- You don’t have to blog to join in! Link up your Pattern Review, your Kollabora project or even an Instagram pic. I know there are so many lovely things made that we never see because not everyone is crazy enough to blog. I also have one person who emails me the pictures so I can get them up here.
Optional additional ideas:
- If you are on a blogging platform that supports links, please link back to www.grayallday.com by using the Sew it Chic in a Week button in the sidebar, or just a simple mention in the text of your post. That way more people will find the party!
- Look around and share a comment or 2 with a neighbor. I don’t mind admitting that I savor blog comments as much as a fun-filled vacation. They are encouraging and build community.