I’ve been trying to get back into the groove since turning my life upside down and moving. I’ve sewn a few garments here or there, but my room is still not set up like it should be for maximum efficiency. And my goals and style are shifting in the new place and new weather. This blog just hasn’t been hopping like I wish it was (though my passion is still there! I think about sewing all the time!).
I miss the Sew it Chic feature, and want to see your lovely things again! But once a week was too much. So I’m bringing it back as a monthly link up, so we can still share what we create but it doesn’t take over my entire blog. Whose in?
I’ll normally post it on the first Saturday of the month and leave it open to new links until the end of the month. Since I just thought of it, I’m not getting it up on the first Saturday in October, though. Next month I’ll be more prepared!
And I will still feature a seamstress every month, so we can get to know our friends better!
Here are a few informal rules:
- Women’s garments only
- Made or blogged in the past month only – to avoid reposts.
- The party is open about a month, until the last day of that month.
- You don’t have to blog to join in! Link up your Pattern Review, your Kollabora project or even an Instagram pic. I know there are so many lovely things made that we never see because not everyone is crazy enough to blog. I also have one person who emails me the pictures so I can get them up here.
Optional additional ideas:
- If you are on a blogging platform that supports links, please link back to www.grayallday.com by using the Sew it Chic button in the sidebar, or just a simple mention in the text of your post. That way more people will find the party!
- Look around and share a comment or 2 with a neighbor. I don’t mind admitting that I savor blog comments as much as sunshine on my face. They are encouraging and build community.